We’re seeking a professional, enthusiastic individual who is responsible for growing, managing and developing PowerPAC+'s online presence using effective social media, web and email strategies for effective dissemination of content and messages. This position is ideal for an energetic, pro-active person who has a base in grassroots political organizing.
- Develop and execute a plan and tactics for online mobilization, outreach, small-donor fundraising and membership development.
- Using social media and web, implement a strategy for effective dissemination of core content and messages.
- Develop a strategy for and lead implementation of online initiatives including viral campaigns, online advertising, and online/offline integration strategies.
- Oversee creative production and distribution of regular outbound emails; developing text and graphics templates; managing interface with our Website.
- Managing and growing our lists, including managing our Nationbuilder database.
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance of the PowerPAC+ and the “Brown is the New White” website and social network profiles including our blog, facebook and twitter, populating with relevant content.
- Support the day-to-day maintenance and strategy of PowerPAC+ Chair Steve Phillips’s social media channels.
- Implement and monitor test plans, metrics and analysis of online fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns.
- Write and edit emails and web content, including calls to action.
- Develop and analyze email and web metrics.
- When needed, work with fundraising team to develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow donor base.
Skills and qualifications:
2-5 years of work experience ideal.
Project management experience a plus.
Commitment to social justice, racial politics and elections a plus.
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- Experience implementing online email and social media campaigns and/or electoral or community organizing experience.
- Experience with electoral work and/or organizing.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems and website content management systems. Specific experience with Nationbuilder preferred but Salsa, NGP VAN and BSD acceptable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Demonstrated skills in writing and production of online campaign materials.
- Basic image editing skills, ideally including familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to keep deadlines, organize and manage multiple priorities and details.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively in an action-oriented office.
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and effectively with public, staff.
How to Apply:
To join our diverse team, please send your resume, cover letter, samples of work including social media posts, emails and graphics if applicable, salary requirements and three references to Aimee Allison via email at email@example.com.
ATTN: Aimee Allison, Senior Vice President
268 Bush Street, Unit 4409
San Francisco, CA 94104
This is a full-time position in our San Francisco office with competitive salary and benefits. PowerPAC+ is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law. No phone calls please.