There are a lot of people who don’t get enough sleep, and they’re always looking for ways to fake it. If you’re one of those people, here are some tips to fake sleeping
Pretending to sleep can give you ways to interact with other people, sometimes you even can eavesdrop on what they are up to. When you are at family, school or work, sometimes you want pretend sleeping so that noone can disturb you. Is it so amazing? Let’s scroll to the bottom of this article to find some ways for doing that.
Pick a Natural Sleeping Position
Try to sleep in the most natural position possible. Do not hold anything, place your legs on the bed, or raise your head. If you normally sleep on your stomach, do so when pretending to sleep. It will not be suspicious to those you know.
Stay Motionless to fake sleeping
When you are naturally sleeping, you will move very little. It is best not to move to give the impression that you are truly sleeping. You won’t be expected to move unless someone is watching you sleep for an extended period of time.
Close Your Eyes Gently
Avoid tightly pinching your upper and lower eyelids together. Your muscles, including your eyelids, should be relaxed to give the best impression of sleep.
- Close your eyes and look down to keep your eyelids from fluttering.
- When you sleep, your eyes aren’t always completely closed. Allow your eyelids to droop and gently close; you may still be able to see out of the slit between your eyelids.
- To imitate REM sleep (the deep stage sleep when your eyes move rapidly) Close your eyelids and move your gaze from side to side quickly.
- You can even twitch your facial muscles. For a convincing effect, twitch your forehead and jaw muscles.
Breathe slowly, evenly, and deeply. You should try to keep your breathing as even as possible by relaxing it. Count in your head as you inhale, then try to exhale for the same amount of time. This should be done for each breath you take.
React to Noises or Touch
If you hear a loud noise or are touched, take a short, sudden breath and twitch your body slightly. Even when we are sleeping, our bodies are aware of what is going on around them. By incorporating what appear to be unconscious reactions to sounds and movements in the room, you can sell your phony sleeping.
- Allow your body to relax and your breathing to return to a slow, even pace after you have responded to the disturbance.
- If you smile or open your eyes, you’ll give away that you’re actually awake.
Remove some of your blankets from your bed and turn on a fan. A fan will also help to drown out distracting noises, allowing you to focus on “sleeping.” Your body prefers a temperature of 60–67 °F (16–19 °C) for sleeping. Cooling down your body and room can make it less appealing to fall asleep, even if you have your eyes closed as you pretend to sleep.
- Open a window if you can to get cool, fresh air.
- Use an ice pack to keep yourself cool under the covers if you live in a hot place
Put in your earbuds and listen to loud, fast music. Cover the headphones with your hair or blankets. Exciting music can increase your adrenaline levels, keeping you awake while you pretend to sleep.
Do Mental Math
Perform complex calculations as quickly as you can in your head. Boring tasks have been shown to make you sleepy, whereas fast-paced tasks can keep you awake.  To keep your brain engaged, try subtracting random numbers or multiplying two- and three-digit numbers.
Sit up for a few minutes to wake yourself up. If no one is around, sit up straight to signal to your body that it is not time to sleep. If someone comes in while you’re sitting up, act as if you were startled awake from a dream. Then, lie down again and close your eyes.
Hide something caffeinated nearby if you want to stay awake for hours. Take a sip of caffeinated soda, a cup of coffee, tea, or a few pieces of chocolate. You don’t have to drink an entire soda or cup of coffee–especially if you don’t normally consume caffeine. Just a few sips to keep you awake while you pretend to sleep.
Take a Cold Shower
Step into the shower for a quick cold-water rinse. As your body tries to warm itself, the cool water will increase your heart rate and speed up your metabolism. You don’t need to take a long shower; just a minute will suffice.
Complete Your Morning Routine
The first step toward appearing awake is to change out of your pajamas and into nice clothes for the day. To maintain appearances, complete your morning routine, such as washing your face and applying makeup.
- Apply a face cream that contains caffeine to reduce puffiness under the eyes.
- Go through the actions as if you had a full night’s rest to keep your routine from being sabotaged by a lack of sleep.
- Sit down and apply a cool washcloth to get rid of bags under your eyes. Hold the washcloth in place for a few minutes.
Consume foods high in complex carbohydrates and protein, such as oatmeal and eggs, for sustained energy. Avoid sugary foods, which will cause an energy crash shortly after eating.
Drink Coffee or Tea
Caffeine consumption is a quick fix for low energy levels. If you don’t usually drink coffee or tea, a half-cup can wake you up. If you need coffee to function after a full night’s sleep, have two cups if you didn’t sleep well.
Stay active during the day to keep your mind alert. Your body will feel tired if you sit down to rest because you did not get enough sleep the night before. To combat sleepiness and increase alertness, try exercising for 15-30 minutes.
Eat nutritious snacks throughout the day to keep your energy levels up. Avoid high-sugar foods and large meals to avoid a sugar crash or feeling sleepy after a large meal.
- Include healthy fats from nuts, olive oil, and avocados.
- Get plenty of protein from sources like eggs, yogurt, beans, and meat.
To sum up, these tips may help you in some cases, but if you have a problem with your sleep for a long time, you should go to see a doctor to check your health. Due to the importance of real sleep, you have to consider carefully to protect yours. It is good for you to start playing sports or going travel to improve your health and sleep. Have healthy food is the best choice for those who are very busy in their life.