Amazon ICICI credit card is one of the popular credits nowadays. We are here to give you necessary information about key highlights, features and benefits, eligibility and document, and more.
About Amazon Icici Credit Card
The Amazon Pay ICICI card is one of the most popular cashback credit cards in India, offering up to 5% cashback on Amazon and 1% flat cashback on all other transactions. Co-branded with one of the biggest e-commerce sites – Amazon – the card quickly gained popularity in India, particularly for its “free for life” feature.
Let’s take a look at the detailed features and benefits of this card and whether this card is right for your needs.
The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card is a co-branded shopping credit card recently launched on the Visa payment platform by ICICI Bank in partnership with Amazon India.
Shortly after its launch, it became one of the most popular credit cards for online shoppers in the country. Originally it was an invitation-only offer, but now it’s open to everyone.
What makes this credit card so popular is that the rewards you with cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balances, which are reflected in your Amazon Pay balance.
This credit card is even more rewarding for Amazon Prime members, as you can get up to 5% cashback on purchases from Amazon, which as you probably know is the largest e-commerce site with over 16 million products.
Aside from Amazon Pay Cashback, this card also offers several other benefits such as 15% off restaurant bills at all restaurants participating in ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats program and an exemption from fuel surcharges at all gas stations across India.
This video is for fulll review
- Annual fee: no
- Best Suited for: Shopping
- Main feature: 1% cashback on all transactions
- Shopping benefit for Amazon Prime members: 5% cashback on Amazon spend
- Shopping Benefit for Amazon Non-Prime Members: 3% cashback on Amazon spend
- Paisabazaar rating (4/5)
Features And Benefits
If you are interested in a card to be used primarily for online shopping on Amazon, this card is a good choice. Here are some of the key benefits of the card:
Zero Joining And Annual Fee
This card is free for life, which means there is no annual or joining fee for the card. If you don’t want to pay an annual fee for your credit card but still want cashback, this card may be the best option.
Receive Cashback On All Your Purchases
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card offers cashback for all transactions. The various cashback earnings are given below:
- Prime members get: 5% cashback on all Amazon purchases
- Amazon non-Prime members: 3% cashback on all Amazon purchases
- Amazon Pay merchant: 2% cashback on transactions for flight bookings, top-ups, bill payments, gift cards and spending at Amazon Pay partner merchants
- Other expenses: 1% refund
Amazon Affiliate retailers include brands like Yatra, BookMyShow, FreshMenu, Faasos, Byju’s, Urban Ladder, etc.
On average, the card is decent as a cashback credit card, but makes an excellent credit card for shopping on Amazon.
Please note that cashback earned will be in the form of Amazon Pay credit.
Things To Note
- You can view the earnings for past billing cycles on your credit card statement issued by ICICI Bank
- There are no earnings limits and no minimum redemption amount or fees for redeeming earnings
- E-books, gift cards (both physical and digital), Amazon Pay Money top-ups and auto-top-ups, bill payments, mobile and DTH top-ups all get 2% back regardless of the cardholder’s Prime status
- Cash back is not available on Amazon Gold and Equated Monthly Rate (EMI) purchases or fuel purchases
Aside from multi-category cashback, the card also offers meal discounts through ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats Program. You get-
- At least 15% off your restaurant bill at participating restaurants
- Please present your card when settling the bill to claim the discount
- Visit www.culinarytreats.com for more information
- You can also download the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats mobile app from the Apple iStore or Google Play Store
Other Advantages Of An Amazon Pay Icici Credit Card
With the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card you get the following additional advantages:
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps in India
- Chip and PIN facility enabling secure transaction at POS (Point Of Sale) and ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines).
- Free EMIs are provided to users who purchase items worth more than Rs on Amazon.
- Frequent Amazon Buyers
- People who love shopping online and are looking for cash back
Not Suitable For
- People who buy from retailers other than Amazon
- People who prefer to shop in stores
The best Amazon Pay ICICI card alternative might be the Flipkart Axis Bank credit card. If you use Flipkart more than Amazon, consider this credit card as it offers 5% cash back on Flipkart as well as top brands like Myntra, 2GUD, etc. Let’s look at the difference between the two.
Fees And Charges
The fees and charges applicable to this credit card are:
- Admission fee: no
- Renewal Fee: no
- Financing charges: 3.5% to 3.8% pm/42% – 45.6% pa
Late Payment Fees For bank statements:
- Below Rs. 100: Zero
- Between Rs. 100 to Rs. 500: Rs. 100
- Between Rs. 501 to Rs. 5,000: Rs. 500
- Between Rs. 5,001 to Rs. 10,000: Rs. 750
- Between Rs. 10,001 to Rs. 25,000: Rs. 900
- Between Rs. 25,001 to Rs. 50,000: Rs. 1,000
- Over Rs. 50,000: Rs. 1,200
Additional Rs. 50 + GST will be deducted from customer’s savings bank
Eligibility And Documentation
- The age: 18 to 60 years
- Profession Offered to both employed and self-employed applicants
- Minimum income required:Rs. 25,000 for ICICI customers, Rs. 35,000 for other applicants
- Serviceable Cities Click here for the list of eligible cities
- Documents Required Click here for the list of acceptable documents
How To Apply For An Amazon Pay Icici Bank Credit Card
The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card was originally an invitation-only card, but is now available to apply for. It’s specifically designed to reward frequent buyers on Amazon in the form of cashback, free EMI, and more. Prime members certainly get more privileges than non-Prime members.
You can apply for this card either on Amazon or on the official website of ICICI Bank. The application will be processed once the KYC verification is complete. There are two ways to complete KYC verification for this card:
Video mode: You will need to provide your PAN card and Aadhar card details, after which an ICICI bank representative will contact you for video-based verification. You need to answer a few simple questions and present your original PAN card to the bank clerk.
Offline Mode: After you apply for the credit card and select offline mode for KYC verification, a bank officer will visit you at your address and verify your documents.
After applying, you can make amazon icici credit card login and check below information.
How To Check Icici Amazon Credit Card Application Status?
If you have already applied for this credit card and would like to check your application status, you must log into your Amazon account and visit the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card application page and click/tap on “Check Application Status”.
Activation And Pin Generation
The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card is enabled for domestic transactions by default. International and contactless transactions are disabled by default as per RBI instructions. You can activate your card for international or contactless transactions via ICICI internet banking or via the iMobile app.
Should You Get An Amazon Pay Icici Credit Card?
The Amazon Pay ICICI credit card is a decent option for those who primarily use Amazon for online shopping. There is 5% cashback on every purchase made by Amazon Prime members. If you are not a Prime Amazon member, cashback is capped at just 3%. Cardholders, on the other hand, receive 2% cashback on Amazon Pay partner merchants and 1% on all other transactions.
In fact, the card only makes sense if you use Amazon for most of your online shopping needs. It offers many cash back benefits and discounts, as well as no joining fee, annual fee, etc. However, there is no travel, entertainment or any other benefit other than shopping.
You should consider this card if you are a frequent online shopper and an Amazon loyalist. If you think you will reap the benefits of the card, then you are more than worth it.
- 5% cashback for Amazon Prime and 3% cashback for Amazon Non-Prime members
- 1% cashback on all general transactions
- 2% cashback at Amazon Pay partner merchants
- No annual or joining fee
- There are no earnings limits and no minimum redemption amount or fees for redeeming earnings
- Zero benefits in travel, entertainment or any category other than shopping
- Not for international use as the foreign currency surcharge fee is high (3.5%).
- No awards, airline miles or lounge access benefits
- Non-Amazon users can get better benefits with other cashback credit cards like Axis Bank’s ACE credit card
Cards Similar To The Amazon Pay Icici Bank Credit Card
- Credit Card
- Axis Ace Credit Card
- Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
- American Express SmartEarn Credit Card
- HSBC Cashback Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- Citi Cash Back Credit Card
- HDFC Regalia card (from HDFC bank)
Frequently Asked Questions
Last but not least, contact customer care if you have any problem. Remember that before using any types of credit card, you should research to understand what it’s about. Powerpacplus will help you, find more on our website to read a lot of posts related to banking digital.