Wireless networks have become a necessity in our daily lives, and securing them is paramount. Changing your Wi-Fi password is an easy way to protect your network from unauthorized access.
In this blog, we’ll explain how to change WiFi password using a web interface, app, or IP address, along with important terms like SSID and wireless network name. So, let’s get started and keep your Wi-Fi network safe and secure!
How to change WiFi password on laptop and android?
To change Wi-Fi password on laptop and android, you are advised to see what type of your router brand is. Here are the instructions:
- Visit either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 to access your wifi admin panel.
- Enter “admin” for both the username and password.
- Choose “WPA/WPA2 – Personal” under “Wireless Security” under “Wireless”
- Create a password that is safe by using a mix of capital and lowercase characters, numbers, and symbols.
- Wait for your changes to take effect before saving them.
- Access your router’s configuration page at http://192.168.1.1.
- Enter admin as the username and nothing (blank) for the password.
- Enter your new password in the Pre-Shared Key area by going to Wireless Settings.
- To preserve your preferences, select Save Settings at this point.
- Visit http://routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.com
- Type admin/password in the fields for the username and password.
- Navigate to the Wireless option under BASIC.
- Now, fill up the Password (Network Key) sections under Security Options (WPA2-PSK) using your password.
- When it is applied, the router will reboot with the modified configurations.
- Access the Xfinity Admin Tool by logging in at http://10.0.0.1.
- Pick Gateway, then Connection, and finally Wi-Fi from the left-side menu.
- You will see your Wi-Fi names (SSID) listed under Private Wi-Fi Network.
- If you want to make modifications to a WiFi network, click EDIT.
- In the Network Name (SSID) and Network Password fields, respectively, type your selected WiFi name.
- To make the adjustments, choose SAVE SETTINGS.
- On your computer, launch a web browser and select a new tab.
- Hit Enter after entering the Spectrum router’s default gateway address, http://192.168.0.1. (admin and password are the default username and password.)
- Select the Advanced button at the window’s top from the Spectrum Router home page.
- You can view your WiFi network under the Connectivity section. You will see both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz options if your router has two bands. choosing your existing WiFi network (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz).
- Click the Basic tab now.
- Create a new SSID for your Spectrum WiFi network and type it in the SSID area.
- Go to Security Settings to modify the Wi-Fi password. Enter your new WiFi password there and then type it again to make sure it was entered correctly.
- To save the changes, press Apply now. Your WiFi network’s SSID and password would be modified once the router reboots.
How do I find my Wi-Fi name and password?
To locate the name and password for your WiFi network:
- Ensure that your WiFi network is active.
- Right-click the WiFi icon on the taskbar and choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose the name of your WiFi network next to Connections.
- the Wireless Properties option.
- Choosing the Security tab.
- Select Characters to Display.
- Your WiFi network password will be displayed in the “Network Security Key” section once you’ve clicked “Show Characters.” Keep a record of this password for future use.
How do I change my 192.168 1.1 Wi-Fi password?
To change your 192.168 1.1 password:
- Search “https://192.168.1.1” in the address bar of your browser when it has opened.
- Enter “admin” as the default username and “1234” as the default passwords. You might need to reset your router to its default settings if you previously altered your login information and can’t recall them.
- Go to the “Wireless” area of the admin panel after logging in. Consult your user manual if you’re unsure because this may be in a different area of your router.
- To log in the necessary settings, choose “Wireless Security” from the “Wireless” menu.
- For the best protection, select “WPA/WPA2 – Personal.” To make this option active if it isn’t already, click on it.
- In the relevant area, input the WiFi passwords you want to use. Pick a secure password using a combination of capital, lowercase, digits, and symbols.
- Save your edits.
How do I change my 192.168 8.1 Wi-Fi password?
To change your 192.168 8.1 Wi-Fi password:
- Input “192.168.8.1” in the address bar of a web browser when it has opened.
- To sign in the CPE administration page, input your login information which is usually admin.
- Upon logging in, select the “Advanced” tab.
- Next, click “System” and choose “Modify Passwords.”
- Your current password, new password, and confirm passwords must all be entered.
- To store the new password, click the “Save” button at the end.
In summary, changing your Wi-Fi passwords is a critical step in securing your internet connection and preventing illegal access to your devices. To safeguard your privacy and personal information, it’s crucial to often update your Wi-Fi password. If you need help changing your Wi-Fi password, get in touch with trusted support services like www.powerpacplus.org.