Top 10+ Best Currency Converter Banks in Qatar: exchange banknote, reputable foreign exchange when traveling
Search currency exchange in Doha, Qatar including special offers of the same denomination and with gifts. Refer to PowerPacPlus.org‘s article “Top 10+ Best Currency Converter Banks In Qatar” to find a reputable currency converter when traveling.
What is the currency in Qatar?
The currency in Qatar is the Qatari Riyal (QAR).
You are only permitted to transport a certain quantity of money, financial instruments, precious metals, and stones into or out of Qatar Peninsula.
The current amount is 50,000 QAR, or around £10,200. If you have more than this amount, you must declare them and give the customs official any extra information they may need.
Items declared include, but are not restricted to:
- The Qatari riyal or another currency
- Traveler’s checks, money orders, checks, and promissory notes, as well as those that are unconstrained, incomplete, payable to a fictional payee, and those that have a possible signatory but no payee name
- Precious metals, such as platinum, gold, and silver.
- Gemstones like pearls, diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, etc.
- Failure to follow these regulations may result in penalties, such as fines or jail time, as well as the loss of that money.
Is it better to exchange money before travel?
You could still have time to acquire the best conversion rate before you depart if you haven’t yet packed your things.
Many banks provide their clients with currency exchange services.
The best (and most affordable) place to convert money is nearly usually with your bank or credit union, but there may be a small charge involved.
To have money sent to you or picked up at the branch, you can place an order in person, over the phone, or online.
You can opt to get your money the next day, within one to three working days, or by overnight shipment from some currency suppliers.
You may also make an online currency conversion order and have it delivered right to your door.
The shipping charge might deplete your funds, and the exchange rate is less favorable.
Airport stores or kiosks should only be used as a last option. High fees and poor conversion rates.
Most opinions say that you should go to the country you are traveling to and then convert money directly in that country.
Because this right away will help your money not to drop in price, in addition, it is safe to carry, withdraw money wherever you go.
Qatar is equipped with a lot of ATMs, and the country is also quite safe from crime.
Lear more: How Safe Is Qatar For Travel?
If you go to Qatar to watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 live, you will not miss the most famous banks for currency conversion, except for the central bank.
Best Currency Converter Banks in Qatar
1. Gulf Exchange
Gulf Exchange was founded in 1977 and has since assisted customers in transferring money to their homes in a secure and dependable manner all around the world.
Currency exchange, international money transfers, 60-second credit, cash receipts, and mobile money transfers are among services they provide.
- Tel: +974 4438 3222
- Locations: Old Al Ghanim, Industrial Area, Rayyan, Barwa, Asian Town, Mansoura, Ruwais, Al Shahaniyah, Ras Laffan, Mesaieed
- Website: https://gulfexchange.com.qa/en/
- Facebook: Gulf Exchange
2. Arabian Exchange Company
The Arab Exchange Company has been in business since 1979. It offers competitive exchange rates and secures international money transfers to and from all over the world.
- Tel: +974 4443 8300
- Locations: Msheireb, Industrial Area, Tawar Mall, Barwa Labour Camp, Al Wukair, Al Khor, Al Shahaniyah
- Website: https://www.arabianex.com/
- Facebook: Arabian Exchange Company
3. Al Dar for Exchange Works
Al Dar for Exchange Works’ operations prioritizes innovation, value-added goods, speed, safety and efficiency.
They provide their customers with loyalty cards, foreign exchange and international currency transactions.
In addition, they operate a wholesale banknote trading branch that provides wholesale customers with favorable exchange rates.
- Tel: +974 4455 0500
- Locations: Muaither, Rail Mshereib, Salwa, C-Ring, Al Nasser, Al Gharrafa, City Centre Mall, Al Khor, Villagio Mall, Bin Omran, Landmark Mall, West Park, Al Mamoura, Ezdan Mall, Barwa Baraha, Safari Mall, Mall of Qatar, Umm Slal, Tawar Mall, Ezdan Mall Wakrah, Safari Mall Al Khor
- Timings and website: https://www.aldarexchange.com/
- Facebook: ALDAR FOR EXCHANGE WORKS
4. Habib Qatar International Exchange
Since its establishment in Qatar in 1978, Habib Qatar International Exchange has flourished, providing top-notch services to its clients.
They provide money transfer and foreign currency services, this is one of the banks that receive the trust of people in Doha.
- Tel: +974 4442 5151 / +974 4463 1978
- Locations & Timings:
- City Centre Mall: 8 am to 10 pm (Sat-Thu), 3 pm to 10 pm (Fri)
- Al Khor, Fereej Abdulaziz, Najma: 8 am to 8 pm (Sat-Thu), 3 pm to 8 pm (Fri)
- Umm Ghuwailina: 8 am to 9 pm (Sat-Thu), 2:30 pm to 9 pm (Fri)
- Website: https://hqie.com.qa
- Facebook: Habib Qatar International Exchange Ltd
5. National Exchange Qatar
National Exchange Qatar has been around since 1979 and offers fast, reliable and secure ways to exchange money.
Their services include foreign exchange at good rates along with international money transfers, express money transfers, telex transfers, cash receipts, direct credit and gold sales.
- Tel: +974 4441 0965 or +974 4441 6403
- Locations: Souq Al Jabor, Industrial Area, Abu Hamour, Muaither, Al Wakrah
- Timings and website: http://nationalexchangeqatar.com/
- Facebook: National Exchange الوطنية للصرافة
6. Unimoni Qatar
Unimoni provides both retail and wholesale foreign exchange services for converting currencies (they supply to and purchase from retailers, banks, and other financial institutions in Qatar and internationally).
Additionally, they provide services like express money, account credit, rapid money transfer, bank transfer, and online money transfer.
Additionally, they have a loyalty program that enables you to finish transactions more quickly and receive special discounts on meals, travel arrangements, healthcare services, and much more.
- Tel: +974 4436 5252
- Locations: Grand Hamad Street, Old Airport Road, Al Rayyan, Al Sadd, Asian Town, City Centre Mall, Dar As Salam Mall, Doha Festival City, Safari Mall Abu Hamour
- Timings and website: https://www.unimoni.com/qat/
- Facebook: Unimoni Qatar
7. Lulu Exchange
Lulu Exchange is a one-stop solution for all your international transactions and remittances to your home country.
They provide foreign exchange and currency import to foreign exchange agents, along with money transfer services, direct-to account, cash collection and instant remittance services.
- Timings: Saturday to Thursday: 8 am to 11 pm; Friday: 8 am to 10:20 am, 12.30 pm to 11 pm
- Locations & Tel:
- D-Ring Road: LuLu Hypermarket, D Ring Road, Doha – Qatar / +974 4414 9135
- Al Gharafa: Shop No. 10, Inside Lulu Hypermarket Al Gharafa, Al Gharafa, Doha – Qatar, phone: +974 4414 5636
- Barwa City: Inside Lulu Hypermarket, Barwa City, Doha – Qatar, phone: +974 6616 7440
- Al Khor: Shop no. 36, Inside Al Khor Mall, Al Khor – Qatar, phone: +974 4416 3729
- Website: https://luluexchange.com/qatar
- Facebook: Lululemon Exchange
8. Eastern Exchange
Since 1979, Qatar has been home to Eastern Exchange. They feature a large selection of retail items developed just for your requirements.
They provide services for bank-to-bank transfers, BOC-e-Cash, foreign exchange, online remittance, fast money transfer, account credit, and cash pickup.
- Tel: +974 4443 9593, +974 4432 3354 or +974 44412655
- Locations: Jaidah Towers, Al Azizia, Al Atiya Market, Asian Town, Al Wakrah, Al Khor
- Timings and website: http://easternexchangeqatar.com/
- Facebook: Eastern Exchange Co.
9. Al Zaman Exchange
With the help of its high-quality services, Al Zaman Exchange offers a variety of financial services to its clients, making it simpler for them to send money anywhere around the globe.
Along with quick international money transfers, mobile monearoundy transfers, multi-currency fund transfers, and online remittance, they also provide competitive foreign exchange rates and services.
- Tel: +974 4419 4444
- Locations: Old Al Ghanim, Lulu Hypermarket D-Ring Road, Fereej Al Murra Al Furousiya, Industrial Area, Old Airport Area, Al Meera Mansoura, Al Meera Bin Omran, Al Khairitiyat, Abu Hamour
- Timings and website: https://alzamanexchange.com/
- Facebook: Al Zaman Exchange WLL
10. Al Jazeera Exchange
Al Jazeera Exchange is completely outfitted with the most up-to-date technology, enabling them to offer quick, secure, and economical methods of transfer to its customers.
They provide door-to-door/bank-to-bank service, online draft transfers, bank transfers, cash pick up, foreign exchange services, and online remittance.
- Tel: +974 4436 3822 or +974 4436 3595
- Locations: Al Sadd, Bin Mahmoud, City Centre, Asian Town, Umm Slal, Al Attiya Market, Umm Al Dome (AlRayyan), Al Wakrah
- Timings: Saturday to Thursday: 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm; Friday: 1:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Website: https://aljazeeraexchangeqatar.com
- Facebook: Al Jazeera Exchange
If you are afraid that your language is not suitable for entering banks in this country, do not worry.
People in Qatar know a lot of languages, so you can confidently communicate with them in your native language, maybe someone will understand them.
See more: What Language Do The People Of Qatar Speak? Is The Official Language Arabic?