Discover card login is used to make a payment, view a statement or manage your account online. This article is the guidance for you to sign in on the website and mobile app. What’s more, you can make payments after that.
What is about Discover cards
The Discover Card is a credit card issued by Discover Financial Services. It was founded in 1986 by Sears and Dean Witter. It is a revolving line of secured credit, which means that you can borrow money up to your credit limit and pay it back over time. You will be charged interest on the outstanding balance if you don’t pay it off in full each month.
There are two main types of Discover cards: personal and business. Personal Discover cards are for individuals who want to build their credit or earn rewards. Business Discover cards are for businesses that want to earn cash back on their purchases.
Discover credit cards offer a variety of benefits, including cash back, no annual fee, and 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. They also have an app that allows you to track your spending, set up budget alerts, and make payments.
Their products and services are credit cards, personal loans, student loans, home loans (Home equity loans and mortgage refinance), and Discover credit scorecard (FICO credit score for free), savings accounts.
People also read on:
Discover card Login
If you have a Discover card, you can log in to your account and access your account information online. This guide is the simple steps:
Step 1: Website accessibility
Go to the Discover dashboard on discover.com. The homepage screen will appear and you also see the tab “Secure Account Log in”.
Or you can directly click on this link
Step 2: Credentials providing
Enter your User ID and password in the fields provided. Then, click to choose the account service “Credit Card”.
Step 3: Completed Discover credit card process
Click Log In button which is in orange color. Now you can use your account online.
Forgot User ID or Password
When you cannot remember these info, do not worry, Discover allows you to retrieve them. The process as below
- On the sign in tab, click Forgot user ID/ Password link
- On the Credit Card tab, choose which one you want to recover and click the ‘forgot both’ link if you forgot all.
- Enter information which is required on the next page.
- Click Continue
After receiving the card, if you don’t have a User ID or password, you need to register an account. This process takes a while for providing your information as these steps
- On the home screen of Discover, click Register Account link which is at the bottom of Log-in tab
- The next tab shows you the type of accounts, click Register Now link which is below the Credit Card tab
- Enter required personal info such as 16-digit card number, expiration date, date of birth and last 4 digits of Social Security Number.
- Enter captcha and click Continue
- Follow the next step as instruction then
Apply for an on-line account
If you’re wondering how to get a credit card, check your credit score to determine your credit card eligibility. Then, a credit card comparison can assist you in selecting the best one for you. It’s always a good idea to see if you’re pre-approved for a credit card before applying. Checking to see if you’re pre-approved will not harm your credit, but applying for credit cards may.
Here’s how you make an application
- On the homepage, choose credit card tab
- The other page will appear, read all to decide which type of credit suitable for you
- Click the Apply Now button which is next to the credit type you want.
- Enter ZIP code, last 4 digits of SSN and Date of birth
- Click Continue
- The next page requires you for more information. Remember to read Terms and conditions and Important Information carefully.
- Tick to Agree Terms and Conditions
- Click Submit
activate my new Discover Card
- To begin, go to Discover active page
- Enter How do you want to proceed? Logging In or Logging Out
- Then enter your birth date.
- Now enter your SSN’s last four digits.
- After that, enter the 16-digit card number.
- Enter the Card Expiration Date and 3-Digit Sequence ID now.
- When you press the Continue button, your card will be activated.
The customer service representatives are available 24/7 at 1-800-347-2683. Message a US-based agent online or over the phone to get your questions answered.
Mobile app sign on
Using your smartphone or tablet to manage credit card payments or account activity can save you time, money, and hassle. If you are a Discover cardholder, you can use the Discover app (available through the Apple App Store or Google Play) and perform most of the tasks that you would perform on the Discover website or by calling customer service.
In order to do these actions, you should logon the account
- After completing download the app, open it on your mobile device
- Click Log-in button
- Enter your user ID and Password. You can set up Touch ID with your fingerprint
- Click Log-in again, and now you sign in successfully.
Register on this app is almost similar to the process on the website, if you want to create an on-line account, have a look on this video
How to Make a Discover Payment
Paying Your Balance Online
- After logging onto your account, click on the Make Payment link. This will take you to a separate page where you can edit the details of your credit card payments
- Enter the amount you want to pay. Look at your existing card balance, shown at the top of the page, to determine how much money you want to make. You must enter at least the specified minimum amount to be accepted.
- When finished, click the “Submit Payment” button to submit your payment information for processing
Making a Payment by Mail
- Separate the pay coupon from your monthly paperless statement.
- Fill out a check or money order with your minimum monthly payment.
- Address your envelope to Discover’s Financial Services Division.
- When providing recipient information, be sure to include the address of Discover’s main billing office and not the corporate headquarters or regional office. The address is P.O. Box 6103, Carol Stream, IL 60187-6103
- Mail your pay 7-10 business days before it is due.
Avoid Paying Issues
- Consider the processing times.
- To avoid incurring additional fees, always make the minimum payment.
- If you don’t have enough money right now, schedule for later.
- Set up billing reminders to avoid missing payments deadlines.
- If you have any questions, please contact Discover directly.
Was this post helpful to you? We hope to get your comments below. For more related posts, we highly recommend you read on QVC’s credit card, wayfair credit card sign in, quicksilver credit card sign in, walgreens credit card, Home Depot credit card, Menards credit card login and more. If you need any posts about online banking, find and search more on powerpacplus.org