If you’re planning a party, then a DIY crumb cake stand will make an adorable and inexpensive addition to your dessert table. Here’s a recipe for an easy cake and a simple do-it-yourself standee. In addition to the cake recipe, you can find a yellow cake mix recipe and skip the sour cream altogether. You can also find easy cake recipes with sour cream on powerpacplus.org
Simple DIY Crumb Cake Stand Recipe
A simple homemade cake standee is a great way to display them and show them off to guests. Using a simple offset spatula, you can evenly spread the batter in the baking dish. Then, top with the remaining batter and place in the oven for an hour at 350F/176C. While the cake bakes, make the crumb topping. Then, serve and enjoy.
Jump to recipe for step-by-step of making the best crumb cake: coffee cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- It’s the time for prepared baking. In a large bowl, combine:
- 1 and 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of firmly packed, light brown sugar.
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Use either a stand mixer, or an electric hand mixer
- Briefly stir everything together until it’s nicely combined
To get the super soft, moist, tender crum, using the reverse creaming method, which means adding butter into dry ingredients, follow as below
- 8 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 tablespoon of butter at a time
- Use our mixer to beat that butter into the dry ingredients.
- Combine into the flour ingredient before you add the next tablespoon.
In a seperate bowl, or a measuring cup to add a spout:
- Combine 1 cup of full fat sour cream
- Add 1 large egg and an egg yolk
- Half teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Whisk these ingredients together until those egg yolks are nicely.
- Mix your mixer on low speed
- Gradually pour the sour cream mixture into butter and flour mixture.
- Use a spatula, sour cream mixture in the bowl.
- Continue to mix until you have a silky smooth batter.
- Completely smooth and lump-free.
- Use a saptula to scrape the sides and bottom the bowl.
- Give more brief stir with electruc mixer.
Bake in a 9 by 9 inch baking pan:
- Lightly spray this with a litle bit of baking spray
- Use a napkin to make sure that’s spread evenly over the bottom and this sides of the pan.
- Pour this butter into the pan. Just use spatula to smooth the surface.
Prep time for our cake crumb cake topping:
In a medium bowl, combine
- 1 and 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour with 2/3 cup of brown sugar (light or dark brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- A teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Stir these ingrdients together
- 1/2 cup of melted butter, unsalted butter melted. Just drizzle that in.
- Use a fork to toss teh butter and the other ingredients together.
- Scatter this over our crum cake butter.
- Take over to preheated oven, bake for total time about 45 to 50 minutes. It’s the cook time.
- After that, use a toothpick inserted in the center of trhe cake should come out clean, or preferably with a few crumbs adn that’s how you know it’s finished.
- If you want, you can use powdered sugar for dusting on the top
To make a simple cake crumb stand, all you need is a baking pan and a few other ingredients. For the cake itself, you’ll need butter, sugar, and flour. You can make your own cake flour, or simply use all-purpose flour. Once you have your flour mix, you’ll need to whisk in the remaining ingredients alternately with the sour cream to create a crumbly top.
Crumb Cake Topping Recipe
To create a beautiful and unique cake stand, simply add a wooden plate and use an offset spatula to spread the batter evenly in the baking dish. Once the cake is baked, it will hold up well in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for several months. It’s a moist, delicious dessert full of crumbs and topped with a sugary icing.
For a luxurious crumb topping, use the reverse creaming method. This simple technique involves incorporating butter into dry ingredients until a sandy consistency is created. This method also produces a quick crumb topping without the use of a pastry blender. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about the crumb topping melting during the baking process, because it doesn’t require any additional ingredients, like eggs or butter.
Crumb Cake Recipe With Sour Cream
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious recipe, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a great alternative that will not only look beautiful, but taste even better. If you’re a fan of sour cream, this recipe is an excellent choice. But it’s not the only option. Instead of using sour cream, try using another dessert-making ingredient.
First, make sure you use unsalted butter. This allows you more control over the salt content of the cake, so you can add a bit more if you like. But if you don’t want to buy unsalted butter, you can substitute with salted butter. When making the crumb topping, you should use cold butter, while keeping the butter for the cake in an airtight container room temperature. Cold butter won’t form a paste when mixing, while room temperature butter coats dry ingredients more easily.
Next, you need to combine the flour with granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix in the butter with a fork, and set aside. It’s ok if the mixture is lumpy, as it will just add to the look of the finished cake. If the crumb topping is too thick, you can also add more sugar or greek yogurt. This way, you can have a perfectly level surface for the powdered sugar.
Easy crumb cake Recipe With Yellow Cake Mix
One of the easiest crumb cakes to make is with a boxed yellow-cake mix. You can use different kinds and flavors. You will also find cake mixes with different flavors and textures. To make your own cake mix, follow the instructions on the box. In addition to baking the cake, you can try different toppings, such as coconut or chocolate chips. After combining the ingredients, prepare the cake batter. It contains butter, sugar, eggs, and cake flour. The cake flour also contains baking soda and liquid buttermilk. These ingredients will make your cake super moist and tender.
You can make this New York crumb cake by using a boxed yellow-cake mix and adding some pudding to it. A box cake mix will do, but it is not essential. Pudding will change the texture of the cake while adding great flavor. The perfect recipe for a holiday brunch or potluck, this delicious cake is a cinch to make! This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.