Have you ever wondered if you can use durians in a chocolate cake? Or perhaps you’ve wondered if you can even use it to make a dessert like Mao shang wan chocolate cake. This article will help you decide whether this fruit would be a good candidate for a cake. Hopefully, you’ll also find the recipe for the latter fascinating. It may even inspire you to try your hand at making your own durian chocolate cake recipe.
Can We Use Durians To Make A Chocolate Cake
A superfood native to Southeast Asia, durian taste is a delicious, easy-to-make ingredient in chocolate cakes. The spiky outer rind hides a soft, yellow “meat” inside. Although this fruit does not smell particularly good, its sweet, aromatic flavor is surprisingly pleasant.
Plus, durians have many health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, regulating the thyroid, and helping to treat depression and anxiety. If your area have no this fruit, you can try with frozen durian.
You can use a limited amount of durian in the recipe, as the flavor will be very light and mild. Fresh durians can be added to the cake just before decorating it. The taste and aroma of this cake will not disappoint.
- Start by creaming together butter and sugar, using a fork to blend them until they have a smooth texture.
- Next, beat the eggs until well-mixed, but do not over-stir. Do not over-stir as this will create air bubbles in the cake.
The process of choosing the perfect durians can be a daunting task. You’ll want to avoid those with holes in the shell because these indicate a bug infestation. Also, you don’t want to buy a durian that’s runny and translucent. Firmer durians will be more flavorful and will hold up longer than soft ones. You’ll find the best ones at well-known farms and sellers.
Durian Cake Recipe Mix With Chocolate
If you’ve ever been in search of a delectable dessert, you’ve probably considered trying a durian chocolate cake recipe. The taste of durians is incomparable, and this recipe will provide you with just that. This rich, chocolate-covered treat will leave you wanting more. The recipe is easy to follow, and the finished product will be delicious. But it can be a challenge to make at home, so here are some tips.
Preparation for ingredients
- 3/4 cup castor sugar Ingredients for Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart cake flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon tartar cream
- The ingredients for the Durian Mousse
- Durian flesh (350 g)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Optional gelatin
How to Make a Vanilla Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius ( 370 F). Grease and line three 6-inch round baking pans with parchment paper.
- Sift together the cake flour, salt, and baking powder. Put something aside
- Put the egg yolks in one medium bowl and the egg whites in another.
- To the egg yolk bowl, combine 1/2 cup castor sugar and the oil.
- Mix in the cake flour mixture until just combined ( Don’t overmix).
- Whip egg whites until foamy in a separate bowl, then fold in tartar cream.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, then add the remaining 1/4 cup castor sugar in three additions.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- To loosen the batter, fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until the batter is well combined.
- Fill the baking tins evenly with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Durian Mousse Preparation
- Whip cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the flesh until thoroughly combined.
Prefer more on how to make chocolate durian mousse:
Mao Shang Wan Chocolate Cake
Mao Shan Wang Cafe is the place to get a good chocolate cake mix with durians for a birthday party. The cafe sells a variety of local delights such as pandan kaya, gula melaka, and durian cake. These delicacies are perfect for a sweet treat during a vacation in Bali. The heavenly combination of durian and chocolate will be hard to resist!
Made from 100% D24 durian pulp, the luscious dessert is filled with rich coconut milk jelly and a thick layer of whipped cream cheese. Compared to tiramisu, this cake is a lot easier to make. Not to mention that it can last for weeks. The Mao Shan Wang Durian Chocolate Cake is a popular local treat and is a great way to celebrate durian season in Asia.
The cake is layered with creamy durian filling, topped with a rich chocolate ganache frosting. The taste is a combination of East and West. Try it for yourself and share your special feeling. Make sure to make a reservation, as this is a popular dessert. If you’re in Singapore, the cake is usually delivered the same day. Alternatively, you can opt for express delivery within two hours. There are some steps for you, shop on the website, add the cakes to your cart, choose the payment and delivery terms. You even can see the reviews of other customer.