Fried Rice is a combination of long grained rice, a mixture of warm peas, carrots and onions with scrambled eggs mixed all together.
I believe that you also love to have fried rice like me, because you are here.
Have fried rice as an entree or a side dish when serving it! If you love fried rice try these variations of fried rice: Bacon Fried Rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, Ham Fried Rice or Chicken Fried Rice.
Easy Fried Rice
Fried rice is one of the most favorite dishes I love to eat. The wonderful thing in this recipe is that you can add any ingredients you want in it. I added bacon, chicken, ham and vegetables and sometimes I added eggs or chilly sauce. This is the perfect fried rice and some people said that the secret ingredient to make the Chinese taste fried rice is sesame oil. Whatever it may be, it is also fantastic.
- 4 cups cooked rice – White long grain rice- Day old and cold rice help to keep it from being mushy.
- Small white onion
- Vegetables- Peas and Carrots. You can also add in other veggies such as bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, snow peas and cabbage.
- Large eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided – Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Green Onions- Garnish with adding in sliced green onions right at the end!
Fried Rice Recipe
To prepare for this dish, cooked rice is the key ingredent, you can use jasmine rice, medium-grain white rice or even freshly cooked rice, leftover rice to make your best fried rice. The rice recipes are too much
- Preheat Skillet: Turn your skillet on the medium heat, pour sesame oil to the bottom of the skillet, then add onion, peas and carrots. Fry it until they are tender. you can stir fry it in the high heat
- Slide the veggies to the side. Pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs. Mix them together with the veggies or frozen peas if you like, which are the nutrition facts to your health.
- Add the rice. Combine it with the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top and stir until it is heated throughout. Garnish with green onions.
Here are some tips to help you to make fried rice simple and easy. The great thing is to make all things in a pan. Less clean up for you and more time to sit and enjoy your fried rice as a family.
- Cold rice or day old rice is best. This helps to prevent and keep the rice from sticking together and getting mushy. It does not have to be cold, but it is best to have day old rice instead of fresh rice.
- Scramble the egg in the same pan. To save on dishes you can just slide the veggies to one side and pour the egg on the other side. Scramble the egg with a spatula and then combine with the vegetables.
- Use Jasmine or long grain rice. Using a long grain rice will produce the best results and is most commonly used.
- Use Sesame oil. For the authentic flavor this is a MUST! Sesame oil has distinctive nutty aroma that brings the flavors together in this dish.
- Soy sauce is your best friend. Little to a lot is all up to you. Don’t be afraid to go wild or stay true to the recipe. You will enjoy the extra flavoring soy sauce has to offer mixed with veggies and rice.
- Cook the veggies and egg in the same pan. This is my favorite trick to making this recipe all in one pan. As soon as the veggies are tender just slide them over to the side, pour the eggs onto the other side and scramble. It is as easy as that!
Fried Rice is great for leftovers
- Reheat Fried Rice: This is an easy and great fried rice recipe to have the leftover dish for the following day. The best way to reheat the fried rice is either on the stove or in the microwave. The best result is that you should not reheat for many times.
- Freeze Fried Rice: Place cooked fried rice into the air tight boxes or ziplock bags is the best way. Microwave is the best choice for you to reheat.
- The lifetime of Fried Rice: After you cook fried rice, it is best to refrigerate in the air tight boxes. If it is properly stored, fried rice will usually stay between 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Sticky Asian Glazed Chicken
- Baked Kung Pao Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken
In my opinion, fried rice is a simple and easy dish to help you and your family have a great meal together. If you love to eat fried rice, you can do it easily, if you are so busy, you can have a nice meal in a short time. It is great! Let’s serve immediately