GCRA bursary login means access to your Gauteng City Region Academy. The GCRA Bursary portal is the right place for your bursary online application in 2024. It is in charge of developing a pool of skilled, capable, and ethical workers for the GCRA Gauteng Bursary. This is accomplished through various interventions such as GCRA Bursaries, internships, learnerships, skills programs, and so on.
- The Gauteng City Region Academy Bursary is a division of the Gauteng Department of Education that promotes skill in the province.
- This guide will teach you about the GCRA Bursary online system and how to login.
- Then, go to the GCRA’s site at https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/Account/Login.
- GCRA application information. You must complete the application process to be considered for 2022.
What is Gauteng City Region Academy?
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a division of the Gauteng Department of Education that promotes skill development in the province.
This is accomplished through the establishment of learnerships, internships, bursaries, skills training programs, and career counseling services. The GCRA primarily benefits Gauteng youth, business sectors, and Gauteng government employees.
In order to identify participants for development programs, the organization has created an unemployment database. Gauteng Provincial Government departments, municipalities, government agencies, and the private sector will provide job opportunities.
Interviews, as well as other application procedures and results, will be used to select candidates for the program. The goal is to develop a skilled, capable, and ethical workforce for the South Africa region.
Bursary In 2024
It provides financial aid to students who want to continue their education but lack the financial resources to do so. The GCRA Bursary programme is intended for both undergraduate and post-graduate studies who live in the Gauteng province. Student can major in any subject. They can apply for the bursary fund if they meet the eligibility requirements (detailed in the following section).
When the GCRA is awarded, it will cover the following expenses (as specified in the contract):
- Fees for registration
- Tuition costs
- The cost of lodging
How much does GCRA pay per month?
Those who remain in residence will receive a maximum of R 65,000 for stipend. Student who lives off campus or in private accommodation will receive a maximum of R 47,000. GCRA will determine how much each bursar will receive.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified of their selection within 3 to 4 weeks of the application closing date. If you haven’t received an email or a phone call by that time, consider your application unsuccessful.
GCRA Bursary Login At Gcrabursary.Gauteng.Gov.Za Portal
The On-line Portal is designed for prospective Bursary applicants of the organization to create an account or log in to perform certain application actions easily, such as online Bursary application and status, and more.
This guide will teach you about the GCRA Bursary system and how to login on-line. The following is a summary of the procedure to be followed:
- On an internet-enabled phone, go to any internet browser (Opera, Chrome, or Internet Explorer).
- Go to the GCRA Bursary portal at https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/Account/Login.
- Sign in as a new user or login as an existing user (your login details – username and password is important)
- You will be able to access your dashboard, where you will be able to apply with your profile and upload the required documents.
Reset GCRA Login Password And Username
The process for resetting your password and username is easy to follow, please have a look on below guide:
- Stay at the login page, select ‘Forgot Password ‘ or ‘Forgot Username’ link
- On the next page, enter your username and cell phone number. Make sure it was associated with your GCRA login account.
- Click Submit button
- You will be the code via the SMS, simply enter it
- Set your new password in the next steps.
GCRA Bursary Online Application Information 2024
Steps To Apply On Bursary’s Portal
If you want to apply for the GCRA 2024, you must do the following:
- Visit the GCRA Application online Portal 2024 at https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/.
- Select ‘Apply/Register’.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Finally, choose ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Please carefully read the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Then, select the ‘Go to Registration’ button.
- Read and understand the disclaimer’s content, then check the box to ‘Accept’ the disclaimer.
- Fill out your personal information into a bursary south african application form on-line. Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) must be completed.
- After the system displays a success message, you will receive an SMS confirming your registration. To continue with your application, select ‘OK.’
- Select ‘Go to Apply.’
- Enter your qualification information.
- Then there are other sponsors. If you don’t have another sponsor, choose ‘No’ and then choose ‘Save.’
- If you have another sponsor, choose ‘Yes,’ enter the fund information, and then choose ‘Save.’ 14. Upload all necessary documents.
- Check the box next to ‘Accept’ if you agree with the terms and conditions.
- The system will display a success message and you will receive an SMS confirming receipt of your application. To exit, press the ‘Ok’ button.
Below is the video instruction for your easy following:
Bursary Eligibility And Requirements
You must meet the eligibility requirements to be considered for the bursary’s award. Because there are only a limited number available, GCRA cannot award them to everyone who applies. The criteria for selecting the best candidates are in place. Applicants who do not meet all of the requirements will be disqualified. As a result, always double-check before applying.
The GCRA South African Bursary 2024 eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You must be a South African national.
- Must be a resident of the Gauteng province.
- At the time of application, you must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Must have finished Matriculation
- Student enrolled in an undergraduate program must be studying or have accredited and registered Post School Education and Training institution in South Africa
- Postgraduate students must be studying or have registered to study for a postgraduate qualification at a tertiary institution of higher learning.
- A strong academic record is required.
Not everyone who meets the above criteria will be chosen. Applicants who meet the following criteria will be given priority over others and will be chosen automatically:
- Top student at their Gauteng school
- If you attend a no-fee paying school in Gauteng, you will be among the top three students.
- Be one of the top three students in a Gauteng LSEN (Learners with Special Education Needs) government school.
GCRA Bursaries Application Information
You must complete the application process to be considered for the GCRA 2024. It is a straightforward on-line procedure. While the steps are simple, you must be diligent and attentive while carrying them out. Submissions that are incomplete or incorrect are rejected without further consideration.
Before you can Login and apply on-line, you must first kindly register an account with your personal information.
You’d also need to enter Matric final results and other academic information. In the Bursary application portal, you must select the type of bursary for which you apply. The options are as follows:
- New arrivals
- High achievers
- Top three scorers
- Top three LSEN MEC/HOD Discretion (if the HOD has advised you to apply) (if the HOD has advised you to apply)
- Veteran’s Preference (if you are the child of a military veteran)
- Assistance with finances (you required assistance)
- Top-ups (if you already have a bursary but it is insufficient)
Make the following documents as the latest updates to go with:
Certified copy of Matric Certificate (within the last three months) and results if enrolled in a semester course.
- Identity Document Certified Copy (not more than three months)
- Proof of registration or a letter of acceptance from a PSET institution
- Proof of address is required (either a Water and Electricity bill, stamped ward councilors letter or in case of rural areas, a recognized letter from traditional authority to show proof of address)
- Motivation Letter (The motivation letter should indicate why they require and deserve financial assistance)
- If applicable, a disability or medical report
Proof of income from parents, if working (both parents salary advice). Affidavits will be required in the following situations:
- If you’re a single parent
- Parents who are unemployed
- Affidavit of Guardianship and Proof of Guardianship
- Death certificates are included for orphans
- Applicants whose surnames differ from those of their parents and/or guardians
Contact Information – Email Address & Social Account
Please contact the Gauteng City Region Academy directly if you have any questions about the program:
- email@example.com (renewals only)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GCR Academy on Facebook: www.facebook.com/GCRAcademy
- Twitter account: https://twitter.com/gcracademy
Read these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to learn more about the GCRA. We often update a lot of information about student portal for such as My Intellimali login, NSFAS student portal login or Student finance login. Keep following us on PowerPACPlus to learn more.