If you’re looking for a homemade lickable cat treat recipe, look no further! These wet cat treats are not only yummy but they’re also packed with nutrients that your kitty needs. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for keeping your cat’s coat healthy and shiny. Plus, the fish oil in salmon provides many other health benefits, including reducing inflammation and supporting cognitive function. And since these treats are pureed, they’re perfect for felines with dietary restrictions.
Homemade Lickable Cat Food Recipe
new post on PowerPacPlus.org:
- choose 5 tablespoons fish oil (or olive oil)
- 1 pound chicken thighs or pork loin, boneless and skinless. I can also use chicken breast if preferred.
- 2 cups broth
- 2 large eggs
Insert oven at 350 degrees F and preheat for about 10 minutes. Also, preheat the cooking pot over medium heat.
Pour 2 cups of water into the pot and add the chicken thighs or pork tenderloin (or if using chicken breasts, you can add them whole).
Stir occasionally until boiling. Once it starts to boil starch, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
While waiting for the water to boil, break the eggs into a separate bowls and whisk them with a fork.
Also, open your oil bottle and cut off the tip (it is recommended that you put the cap on for easier pouring). Add 5 tablespoons of fish oil or olive oil to the same container.
Once it reaches a simmer, remove the chicken thighs or pork loin from the water and chop with a fork or knife. If using chicken breasts, cut them into small pieces.
Add the egg mixture, chopped chicken chunks or pork tenderloin, and fish oil, and stir the pan regularly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to your liking before serving. Also, some cats may prefer cold food, so you can place it in the refrigerator or freezer for about 20 minutes before serving.
Pay attention: Your pet’s dinner is now ready! Preference making this on a regular basis so you never waste money on store-bought food again!
Simple and quick cooking tips:
- Cats love fish, so feel free to add more fish oil if you like.
- You can also cook some vegetables and chicken, seafood, or pork for your cat to chew on because they are essential nutrients. Some suggested vegetables are broccoli, catnip, green beans, carrots, etc. Chop some of your choices and cook with the rest of the ingredients. Your cat will love munching on this delicious treat helps us!
- Feel free to add some herbs and spices for better flavor (i.e. basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- Always check the expiration date on the oil bottle before us, and don’t forget to let your pet drink enough water and vitamin supplements.
Homemade churu for cats
|• 4 oz. of Chicken|
• Clean water
|• 1 Knife & Cutting Board|
• Measuring Spoon
• Ninja or Food Processor of some kind
• 4 oz. Plastic Squeeze Bottle with top
Popsicle Tube Molds
Note: The formula can be increased or decreased according to your needs. For every 1 ounce of chicken you start, you’ll need 1 tablespoon of water.
- Measure out 4 oz. Chicken (or whatever protein source you use)
- Pour the water over the stew and into the pot. Boil water on the stove.
- Add chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the center is no longer pink.
- Cut the meat into small pieces so it’s easier on your ninja or filler processor.
- Transfer chicken to food blender/ninja and add 4 tablespoons hydration.
- Puree chicken with water until smooth. You don’t want any chunks of meat.
- Pour the kitty litter solution into a plastic squeeze bottle. I don’t have a funnel, but if you have tuna, I recommend using it for this step!
- Cut off the top of the medium squeeze bottle to make a slightly larger hole.
Tada! 😍 Now your feline can complement their finicky adventures with a tasty treat for your cat that can be closed and saved for later, all in reusable bottles!
Food can be a little messy, but so is store-bought liquid cat food…and once your kitty gets used to eating the whole bottle, it won’t be allergy.
Homemade food for 1 month old kitten
This is probably the best homemade kitten food because it’s high in crude protein. This nutrient is important during growth spurts because it is required for muscle growth. The quantities of the above ingredients will make 21 servings (100 grams each).
- 50g chicken liver (raw)
- 50 g beef kidney (raw)
- 2 cups water
- 1 raw egg (with shell)
- 100g chicken hearts (raw)
- 700g chicken wings (raw with skin)
- 1 tsp. Taurine Supplement, Powder Form on fridge
- Pulse and blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender or high-quality meat grinder. Leave it as is!
- Divide the amount of food the felines eats for 2-3 days and keep it in the refrigerator. Freeze the rest and divide into small portions for the best easiest serving.
DIY lickable cat treats are best for
If you feed your cat lickable cat food, owner can be sure that if they are overweight, their weight will drop dramatically. All the ingredients in this recipe are packed with nutrients and a small number of calories, so you can rest easy knowing your kitty won’t gain weight with this meal!
If you find that your feline is coughing up cat hair frequently, the best lickable mess is the solution to this problem! Since all the fibers are added to this formula, it will greatly help with hairball problems. Fiber helps pass through consistency feline’s system and remove any loose fur that may be stuck in the stomach.
Easier to digest
This homemade snack can also help relieve other problems like constipation and diarrhea. It contains many fiber components that help your cat’s digestive system.
It’s super cheap to make when you make all the ingredients yourself! Buying everything in bulk will bring the cost of this recipe down to about $0.15 per dish!