Kentucky unemployment login can help claimants in filing a claim easier to receive unemployment insurance benefits and more. All information that you need to know about unemployment will be in this article such as how to log in or register, determine eligibility and so on. Keep reading!
Follow https://www.powerpacplus.org/ for more details!
About the Kentucky career center (KCC) unemployment insurance
Unemployment Insurance (UI) is an insurance policy that is paid for by your employer and offers compensation when you lose your job for no fault of your own.
UI benefits help cover the wage gap lost while you’re between jobs. As long as you satisfy the qualifying conditions and submit a weekly report, the benefits are not based on need and are given out in weekly increments.
You may qualify for UI payments if you lost your job, have significantly fewer hours at work, or are unemployed as a result of a business closure.
- Transmit quarterly tax returns online using an on-screen form or file upload option
- Take the Employment Insurance program’s information
- Pay your taxes by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Create a new account
- Create an account
- Fil a weekly claims
- Request Bi-Weekly Benefit Payment
- Check payments and more
How unemployment works in Kentucky
The Kentucky Department of Workforce Investment’s Office of Employment and Training (OET) oversees unemployment insurance benefits for the state.
In addition to enforcing Kentucky’s unemployment laws, the office’s mission is to provide quality jobs for people and quality people for jobs.
Services offered by this office to accomplish this goal include temporary financial assistance for the unemployed, labor market information ( such as unemployment rate ), and maintenance of the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund. Kentucky unemployment, which covers the cost of unemployment insurance in the state.
Overall, these activities are designed to promote Kentucky’s economic well-being.
Workforce Services is administered by the Kentucky Career Center, which operates a network of Career Centers throughout the state where you can meet one-on-one career coaches and counselors.
Login to the UI system
Step-by-step to sign in
Follow the below steps to get access:
- Visit the Kentucky site: https://uiclaimsportal.ky.gov/s/
- Select the green “Sign in with ID.me” button in the middle of your screen
- Enter your Email address associated with your Kentucky OUI account
- Click “ Log in”, and then you will be directed to the ID.me login page
Note: ID.me is the trusted technology partner of Ky in helping to keep your personal information safe.
Sign up for an account
Before to be able to sign in, you have to register first by following the below steps:
Step 1: On the sign-in page, select Create an ID.me Account or visit ID.me
Step 2: Enter an email address, and choose a strong password
Note: You will receive a letter. Follow the instructions to validate the email.
Step 4:Select multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Step 5: Verify your identity including your Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Passport Card
Note: Use your mobile device to take a photo or upload existing photos from your computer.
Step 6: Enter all other requested information, including your Social Security number.
Step 7: Review and confirm your information to make sure it is accurate. Then select “Yes”
Step 8: Select “Allow and continue” to complete your identity verification process.
Note: This step allows you to use the Kentucky OUI Claimant website and securely exchange your identity information with the Kentucky OUI.
How to file for a Kentucky unemployment benefits claim?
There are three ways to do that:
The sign-in for unemployment benefits in Kentucky at kcc.ky.gov was created to provide greater ease and significantly less waiting time for claimants
With an online Unemployment Insurance account in Kentucky, you will be able to file a claim, submit weekly claims, and track general benefit account information. Use the online portal to get started.
The claimant portal is available:
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m – 7 p.m not including public holidays
- Sunday: 10 a.m – 9 p.m
You’ll need to provide the below personal data:
- SSN (Social Security Number)
- Your mobile phone number
- Accurate postal address
- Birth Date
- Necessary employment information:
- Name of your business (if any)
- Mailing code
Also, you have to explain the reasons why you lose your work. Furthermore, you may be required to give additional details on kcc.ky.gov including several fields in which you have worked, your contact information if you work for a temporary firm, and so on.
Note: It will take you about 15 minutes to finish and is best completed all at once. You will be automatically logged out and the data you submitted may be lost if the page is dormant for 30 minutes.
You can also file your claim by calling 502-564-2900. The line is available from Monday to Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM, excluding public holidays.
The Office of Employment and Training suggests calling from a landline rather than a mobile phone because processing your application will be halted if the call is dropped from a mobile device.
Via unemployment office
The Office of Employment and Training
275 East Main Street 2nd Floor
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Eligible for Kentucky applying claims
As in other states, eligibility for unemployment claims in this state is not based on need. That being said, there are many other requirements that you may be eligible for unemployment benefits:
- Be a resident in the state of Kentucky.
- Meet income requirements (have earned a minimum of $750 for at least a quarter of your qualifying period, $750 in total outside of the base period quarter in which you earned the most, and have earned at least 1.5 times your salary in the highest-paying quarter of your base period, have a salary during the last two quarters of the base period equal to at least 8 times the number of your weekly benefits)
- Be capable, available, and actively seeking a job
- Being out of work through no fault of yours
Or you can use the calculator to determine eligibility.
If you need help, please contact us:
Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance
500 Mero Street, 4th Floor
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
- 502-564-2900: UI Assistance Line
- 1-800-648-6057: Kentucky Relay Service