Your kids certainly love a lion king backpack as almost all of them think the lion is the symbol of strength. A DIY lion on the backpack is a great idea with using a cricut machine. Keep reading this article, we give some instructions to help you make lion backpacks with cricut for kids.
The idea for making lion backpacks
Parents love the cute little Lion designs. These backpacks bring vibrant colors and hope. It is like a wonderful friend to hold their toys, or even change their clothes. The kids will love their new backpacks! Here are some steps to get you started. Don’t forget to put some thought into the price. There are some formulas on how to set the price, but remember to be creative.
Materials you need
If you’re looking to make a cute backpack for your child, you can create custom designs with the Cricut. The printer-based software allows you to create designs and cut them out from sticker paper, vinyl, or iron-on. It even lets you customize furniture with a vinyl motif. You can even dress a favorite chair with a vinyl motif. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re looking for a simple craft to create with your Cricut machine, consider making a personalized backpack. The Cricut Design Space is easy to use and has many options to choose from. To learn how to use it, download the Beginner’s Guide to Cricut Design Space for free. It will walk you through the process step-by-step. Once you’ve downloaded the guide, you can design and print your own backpacks!
- Maker 3 Machine
- Cricut’s Iron On Smart Vinyl in Black and White
- Felt in various colors (this is from Spotlight)
- A strong grip cutting mat
- Cricut tools such as a weeding tool and the scraping tool
- Cricut EasyPress Mini (or an iron)
- Needle and Thread (optional)
- Canvas backpacks (These are from Target)
How to make lion backpacks With Cricut for kids
If you’re looking for a way to make a backpack with your child’s favorite animal, you can make one using your Cricut. Sea lions are a popular choice for backpack designs because they are playful and very social. Kids will love carrying this backpack, which features three inside mesh pockets and an outside back pocket. The backpacks are made from sustainable foam textile and tested for more than 200 potentially harmful chemicals, including lead, phthalates, and PVC.
- Begin by laying your felt out on the strong grip mat and pressing down firmly.
- In the Design Space App, select Make It and then follow the prompts to cut out the design (I used the fine point blade as indicated by Design Space). I made sure to color code my design in the app’s canvas section so that I could swap out the different felt colors I wanted to use.
- Then I ran the black Iron On Transfer through the machine (no mat required if using smart materials) and cut out the face, followed by the initial in white.
- When you have all of your pieces, it’s time to assemble the lion face and initial tag. I took the felt and layered it on, starting with the ears and working my way up to the main part of the face. I stuck these in place with glue.
- The EasyPress Mini was then used to transfer the iron on transfer designs onto the felt part of the face.
- After I finished the face, I worked on the name tag.
- I sewed the face onto the bag by hand with a few small stitches, but you could also use glue. Finally, I affixed the initial name tag to the front zip of the bag.