NYCHA self service portal login – Section 8
Through the NYCHA Self Service portal login, residents with low and middle income in New York City can now view their housing information, view their rent history, make a rent payment, upload documents and more. Let’s find discover more about this portal in this article!
Follow https://www.powerpacplus.org/ for more details!
The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA), North America’s largest public housing authority, was established in 1935 to provide decent, affordable housing for low- and middle-income New Yorkers.
It is home to approximately 1 in 16 New Yorkers in more than 177,569 apartments within 335 housing estates under public housing, Section 8 and PACT/RAD programs.
It serves more than 339,900 people in 162,143 apartments within 277 housing estates through the Conventional Public Housing Program (Section 9).
It also serves 29,789 licensed people in 15,426 units within 58 developments that have been converted under the Permanent Affordability Commitment Together (PACT) program.
Additionally, It also offers NYCHA residents opportunities for financial empowerment, business development, career advancement, and educational programs.
About the NYCHA Self-Service Portal
The NYCHA Self-Service Portal is designed to make it easy for people to access their Section 8 program. The Section 8 program helps eligible family’s low- and middle-income rent housing in the private market. Eligibility for this program is based on gross annual income and family size.
Through this program, NYCHA aims to operate as an effective and efficient landlord, repair public housing, build affordable housing stock, address critical health and safety issues in their buildings, and connect people to the best social services and programs that improve their quality of life.
Through the NYCHA Self Portal, you can view the current status of your application; you are your Section 8 briefing date; confirm your eligibility; check if you have been certified for the social housing development and check the date of your eligibility interview or the waiting list.
You can also update their mailing address, home address numbers, and information about your current application, such as the reason for applying and the borough of preference.
The portal offers many benefits which included the following:
For NYCHA applicants
- Apply for public housing
- Schedule an appointment
- Access application status
- Update basic information
- Check their eligibility interview date, and verify if their application has been certified to a public housing development waiting list.
For Tenant’s NYCHA
- Complete transfer requests, annual recertifications and interim recertifications.
- Interim recertification can be done at any time during the year.
- If there is a change in your household composition, income, assets, or expenses, you will need to fill out an interim recertification informing NYCHA of these changes to ensure your rent is properly calculated.
Section 8 voucher holders have access to basic tenancy details like your contract rent, the date of your yearly recertification, and the date of your inspection.
Watch this video to know more about Section 8 program
NYCHA self service portal login guide
NYCHA Applicants, Section 8 Tenants and Section 8 Owners can view their information and complete some transactions, and manage their accounts online at any time – 24/7
Follow the below guideline to access your account:
- Go to the official website or click this link selfserve.nycha.info
- On the “Section 8” button, click “Self-Service Links”
- Next, press the “Log on to NYCHA Self-Service Portal” button
- Now, you will be walked to the login page
- Enter your Username and Password
- Click “Log in”
How to reset a forgotten Password or username?
If you forgot or lost your login account information and want to know how to reset a new password or a new username, follow the steps below:
- On the login page, choose “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password”
- Enter the requested information like your Social security number, date of birth, and registered email ID.
- Click on “Send Verification Code”
- Visit your email address and click on the recovery link to retrieve it
Note: If you continue not able to log in to NYC HA’s self-service portal, contact NYCAPS Central at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to register an account?
If you want to know how to register for an NYCHA self-service login free account, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- On the log-on page, click the “Register” button
- Next, select the type of user from the multiple options provided
- Fill in the requested information for the next pages
- After that review and submit
Customer Contact Center
If you are experiencing any difficulty accessing your account, choose one of the several ways below to get assistance. A representative will answer to your questions:
Via phone number: 718-707-7771
Via Email: email@example.com
NYCHA Customer Care Centre Address:
478 East Fordham Road (1 Fordham Plaza), 2nd Floor
Bronx, NY 10458
787 Atlantic Avenue, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Hours: Mon – Fri: 8 AM – 5 PM
Social media platforms