Why SASSA SRD Declined Due To UIF Registered? That is the question that many people usually get. This is common when you have a high UIF account balance, meaning you have already taken out UIF benefits. Following our guides to fix it, and understand more about Sassa SRD (Sassa Social Relief of Distress)
SASSA SRD Denied
If your srd.sassa.gov.za banking details update application form for a SRD grant has been denied due to Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) registration, you can appeal the decision on the website instead of visiting the Labour Department.
Most people will do this if the decision is not fair and explains why you did not receive the grant. You can appeal for every month that you have been refused. There are some steps you must take:
- You need to register your mobile number.
- Once you have done that, you will receive an SMS requesting your banking details.
- You must respond to the SMS immediately and follow the link provided to confirm your account. Be sure not to share the link with anyone else, as it is tied to your ID number.
- Once you have completed these steps, your application will be approved. This will take about an hour.
Make sure you fill out your application form completely. Misspelled or omitted letters in names can cause identity verification problems. The names you enter should be exactly as they appear on your Smart ID card or other identification document.
If you are registered under the UIF, you will not qualify for a SRD grant. But, if you are registered as unemployed, you can apply for a SRD grant. You must also provide the Department of Home Affairs with a copy of your ID card.
Why Does SASSA SRD Decline Due To UIF Registered?
If your SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) Covid-19 SRD R350 grant application was declined due to UIF registered bank account, you have the right to appeal the decision. SASSA has specified a set of guidelines for filing appeals, which you can refer to for further guidance.
If applicants are rejected because they have a UIF-registered bank account, they must provide proof of their financial need, such as proof of unemployment or loss of income.
To appeal your UIF denial, contact the SASSA office for help. Most cases qualify for reconsideration, which you can do by filling out the SRD appeal form.
- When you have an approved appeal, you will be sent an SMS informing you of the SRD status check online.
- You must respond to the SMS as soon as possible, and follow the link in the SMS. The link can only be shared with those who are in your UIF account.
Another common reason why your application for a SRD grant is declined is because you have a UIF registered. This is common when you have a high UIF account balance, meaning you have already taken out UIF benefits. It is also common if you are registered with another unemployment fund, such as the Employment Insurance Fund.
This is the online way for people and you can access your R350 grant anywhere to do any transactions with Sassa SRD such as payment claim, payment terms, updated new information, or read the news and so on.