Social Security Debit Card Login to receive your federal benefits on the Direct Express Card, you’ll receive your payment each month on your pay date without having to worry about cashing your check or having it lost or stolen. In this post, PowerPACPlus share how to access, download app and contact customer service.
- What is the Direct Express card?
- You can activate your card online.
- You can activate your card through the mobile application.
- Check the balance of the Direct Express debit card
What is the Direct Express card?
The Direct Express ® Card is a prepaid debit card offered to federal benefit recipients who receive their benefits electronically. The debit card offers the convenience and security of using electronic transactions to spend and access your money, rather than using cash for purchases. You don’t need to have a bank account to sign up for the card. There is no credit check or minimum balance requirement.
Social Security Debit Card Login Instructions
Follow the instructions below to login to the Direct Express online portal.
- Visit the Direct Express website by clicking here to be taken there. Once on the site, you need to select your correct card number to go to the correct login page.
- Select your card number. If your card number starts with 5332 48 or 5115 63 , please tick the appropriate circle that suite with you and follow the instructions.
Note: we have provided login instructions for both below. Scroll down to see the instructions for your specific card number.
If your card number starts with 5332 48, you will be taken to a login page that looks like this.
- Enter your credentials including User ID and password in the required fields and then tap on “Login” button
If you don’t remember your User ID, click the “Forgot User ID” link as shown below.
For Direct Express Card numbers starting with 5115 63, please tick the circle suitable
- After moving to the new page, you need to type your username and password
- Don’t forget to tick “I’m not a robot” and “Remember me” box
- To finish tick on “Sign in” button
Once logged into your account, you can manage your profile, set up alerts and notifications, and activate your card, in addition to the other online account features listed above.
In case, you don’t remember your password, click the “Forgot Password” link as shown below. You will be taken to a page like the one below where you will need to enter your user ID and the visual verification code shown on your screen to retrieve your password.
In case, you don’t remember your user ID, click on the “Forgot your user ID” link as shown below.
You will then be prompted to enter your Direct Express card number and the visual verification code displayed on your screen to retrieve your User ID.
Activate and Sign up for Direct Express card online
There are three ways to activate your Direct Express debit card.
- You can activate your Direct Express card by calling customer service at 1-888-741-1115. Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For the hearing impaired: 1-866-569-0447. For International: 1-765-778-6290 – (pick up).
You must enter the card number that appears on the front of your card, your date of birth and the last four digits of your social security number.
- You can activate your card online. To do this, go to the Direct Express website and locate the “Activate/Register Card” section. Enter your card details and click the “Activate/Register” button for further instructions.
- You can activate your card through the Direct Express mobile application.
You can download the Direct Express app from the Apple Appstore or Android’s Google Play Store. Once you have downloaded the app, click on “Register” to activate your card.
Check the balance of social security debit card
You can check the balance on your Direct Express Debit Card in 4 ways:
Option 1: online
The first option to check the balance on your Direct Express card is to log into your account. Follow the instructions above to log in to your account.
Option 2: Use Direct Express app
The second option to check the balance on your Direct Express card is to download the Direct Express mobile app.
You can download the Direct Express app from the Apple Appstore or Android’s Google Play Store.
Option 3: At an ATM
The third option is to check your card balance at an ATM that accepts MasterCard debit cards.
Option 4: Call customer service
Finally, the fourth option to check the balance on your Direct Express Debit MasterCard is to call their customer service number toll-free at 888-741-1115.
Log into the Direct Express app
Follow the instructions below to sign in to your account by mobile app
- You can download this app from App Store or Google Play
- Type your information such as username and password
- Click on “Sign in” button
Direct Express customer service
Customer service details will be presented below. Let’s choose the way suitable for you
P.O. Box 245998
San Antonio, TX 78224-5998
8:00 AM CST to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions about Direct Express cards: