GCC residents of the self-employed are authorized and approved by the Visa Approval Board. Those traveling with them can get a one-month GCC Family Visit Visa on arrival or through the Qatar embassy. Please refer to the helpful reading below of PowerPacPlus.org to quickly complete the necessary procedures for a trip.
Qatar Visa on arrival to eligible countries
The Qatar Visa on Arrival allows citizens of 95 eligible countries visa-free on arrival in Qatar because it is a safe destination to have the best vacation, with a valid passport valid for at least six months and a valid entry or return air ticket.
See more: How Safe Is Qatar For Travel?
Citizens of these countries do not need a visa before arriving in Qatar. Guests wishing to stay in Qatar must book a valid hotel room during their stay.
The countries that are eligible for a Qatar visa on arrival are divided into two categories depending on the type of visa on arrival.
Duration of 90 days
For citizens of the countries listed below, the waiver is valid for 180 days from the date of issue and entitles the holder to spend up to 90 days in Qatar Peninsula on a single trip or multiple trips.
Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, etc.
Duration of 30 days
For citizens of the following countries, the visa-free stay is allowed for 30 days from the date of issuance and can be extended for another 30 days.
Andorra, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Georgia, Guyana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Macau, Macedonia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Suriname, Thailand United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela, etc.
Qatar Visa Arrival Rules for Travelers from Asia
Citizens of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the Philippines can obtain a Visa to Qatar (VoA) that is valid for 30 days from the date of issue and is valid for a single trip or multiple trips. This can be extended for an additional 30 days if the following terms and conditions are met:
- A passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- The return ticket must be confirmed.
- An arriving passenger must carry a minimum of $1,400 in cash or a valid credit card, which applies to the entire family.
- Travelers from the above countries must book hotel accommodation in advance for the duration of their stay in Qatar. The bookings are only valid if made through Discover Qatar.
- Must be fully vaccinated with vaccines approved by the Ministry of Public Health and completed 14 days after the last dose.
- Must have a certificate confirming a negative PCR completed within 48 hours of arrival.
- There must be an electronic registration completed on the Ehteraz platform to obtain the approval of the Ministry of Public Health prior to travel.
- Please note that this visa also applies to destination seekers who have friends or family in Qatar and wish to stay with them.
Visa exemption for GCC countries
In addition to countries eligible for visa-free entry to Qatar, citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates) do not require a visa to enter Qatar.
Qatar visa on arrival
Visitors from Qatar visa-eligible countries may enter Qatar visa-free and may be exempted from visas on arrival if they meet the following requirements.
- Passengers must be citizens of an eligible country.
- A passport valid for at least six months must be provided.
- A confirmed departure or return ticket is required.
- Guests wishing to stay in Qatar must book a valid hotel room during their stay.
Passengers from Pakistan and India can request:
– Proof of cash or credit card to qualify for a Qatar visa on arrival. Make sure you have an international debit/credit card with a minimum balance of 5000 QAR in your name.
– Bank statements for the last three months can be requested to verify that the balance is equal to QAR 5000.
Please note that visitors from India and Pakistan need to go through some additional requirements to get a Qatar visa as mentioned above.
Illegal imports into the country have increased the risk of inflation recently and here’s how ‘How Has Global Inflation Affected Qatar’s Economy?‘.
Qatar Visa during the application process
1. Apply for an Ehteraz. Tourist Permit
Before applying for a Qatar visa on arrival, visitors eligible for visa-free entry must register on the Ehteraz website and obtain permission before traveling.
Passengers will be notified that their travel permit has been approved. Be sure to download and print your travel permit, and keep it handy during your trip.
Passengers will then be required to present their Ehtaraz itinerary authorization to the airline’s check-in agents.
Remember to download the Ehtraz mobile app before coming to Qatar, if you are planning to come here to attend the FIFA WORLD CUP 2022 then it will help you a lot.
2. Visit the immigration counter
Visit the immigration counter in Doha and show your travel permit to the official.
Submit all necessary documents like passport, round trip or an onward air ticket, hotel reservation confirmation, vaccination certificate, and international credit/debit card three months bank statement (India and Pakistan) to the immigration authority and process all. The formal conditions and requirements that the authority will ask you.
If approved, the immigration officer will place a small sticker on your passport showing that you have received a visa upon arrival in Qatar.
How much is a visit visa in Qatar?
According to new reports from various airlines, visitors using a Visa on Arrival must have a valid international credit or international debit card.
Cash of QR 5000 will not be accepted. – Three months bank statement is required for debit card holders. Must have a minimum balance of at least 5000 QR.
Qatar visa extension on an arrival
Travelers arriving from countries eligible for a 30-day visa are eligible to extend their Qatari visa on arrival for an additional 30 days. Visa renewal can be done online through the Department of Home Affairs portal by following the steps below:
- Visit the Ministry of Home Affairs (MOI) website.
- Fill in all the details, “Visa number” (can be found on the sticker included with your passport), “Passport number” and “Nationality”.
- Enter the correct Captcha shown on the screen.
- Click ‘Expand’.
On arrival, your Qatar visa will be extended for another 30 days.
Qatar Visa Types
Qatar visas are broadly classified as tourist visas, business visas, Gulf Cooperation Council resident visit visas, family visit visas, family residence visas, transit visas, and visas, other visa types include education visas.
Some of the popular types of visas you will need when visiting Qatar are:
- Type C Visa (Short Stay)
- Qatar tourist visa
- Qatar Visa for Fair and Business Visits
- Visa to visit family, relatives, and friends
- Qatar Visa for Education and Short-Term Internship
- D visa (Long-term stay)
- Qatar Transit Visa
Apply for a Qatar visa for foreigners
- Passport or travel document with at least two blank pages, valid for at least six months and 90 days after the end of the trip. Copy of the first page including personal information and previous visas if applicable.
- Completed and signed visa application form with two biometric photos not older than 6 months.
- Passport copy and personal photo requirements for e-Visa applications should match the instructions provided online.
- Proof of travel with a confirmed round-trip ticket.
- Bank account details prove the passenger’s ability to travel.
- It is important that the applicant does not pose any threat to public health, safety, morals, or the national economy. Therefore, the applicant should not be charged or found guilty.
- Proof of employment in the form of an employer’s letter, student certificate, registration document, or pension fund confirmation.
- Accommodation details in the invitation letter or confirmation of hotel reservation during your stay.
- Proof of travel health insurance.
What are the requirements for a visa on arrival in Doha, Qatar?
Tourist visa requirements on arrival in Qatar are detailed below. Please note that the required documents may vary depending on the duration and purpose of your stay and the type of your visa. The consulate always reserves the right to request additional documents.
And if you have questions to apply for a Visa to Qatar or come to Qatar to travel and need to use the language, you can refer to: What Language Do The People Of Qatar Speak? Is The Official Language Arabic?
Labor contract (original recruitment confirmation clearly stating the position and salary in the company)
Bank statement for the last 6 months
Authorization letter from employer
Income Tax Return (ITR)
Business License Verification (Company Registration)
Bank statement of the company for the last 6 months
Income Tax Return (ITR)
University admission records
Certificate from school administration
Registered pension report for the last 6 months
Proof of income (current finances)
Proof of sponsorship is required if the person is unable to cover his or her own expenses.